"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Saturday, August 18, 2007

Western Beasts

"They do not care about covering their private parts. Even their underwear is colored and not white, so it can conceal all that filth."

Just for the record, we do not wear colored underwear. But we suppose Sheik Muhammad Al-Munajid, a Saudi cleric, wouldn't like us much, either.

According to the sheik (and far may it be from us to bandy words with a learned man of the cloth), shari'a includes "almost 70 rules about how to urinate and defecate."

My wife has 3 or 4 rules about the toilet seat, and I can't remember any of them. It's a wonder these guys don't just spontaneously explode while trying to remember Rule # 53.

From MEMRI: transcript or video clip, choose your poison.

And, by the way: how come he can call me a "western" beast, but I'm being insensitive if I use the words "eastern" or "oriental?" Earlier this week I was trying to describe a young woman whose antecedents had emigrated from Delhi and, after a period of embarrassed stammering, decided to call her a "subcontinental."

h/t to Miss Kathy.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Western Beasts"

 

post a comment