"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Thursday, March 06, 2008

And Then Mrs. Clinton Shaved My Head

I Dream of Barack:
I was back in College. Barack was a professor. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and Barack was organizing an Orphan's Thanksgiving for all of us who had no where else to go. It became a really huge production. People were abandoning their plans with their families in order to go to Barack's house. I was put in charge of writing thank-you notes and baking the pies (I had explained to Barack how my family always made key lime pie for Thanksgiving). Over dinner, Barack described Illyrian architecture. When I woke, I wondered, Is there such a thing as Illyrian architecture?

It was very strange. Usually I just dream about my teeth falling out.
I Dream of Hillary:
Hillary was at my house, although it didn't look like anywhere I have actually lived. I had her rest on the couch, and her hair turned white like Bill's! I went off to look for my honeymoon photos to show her, and my husband was telling me where they were, except it wasn't my present husband -- it was the voice and body of my first husband. EWW.
Go surf for yourself. There's ever so much more.

If there is sufficient popular demand, we will initiate a web site to which you may submit your dreams of the Gentleman Farmer. Illustrated, if possible. Moving pictures will be accepted.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "And Then Mrs. Clinton Shaved My Head"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Yo, GF! Do the dream site -- I've got this whole ski vacation, dirigible, flying monkeys dream I need to share.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Do it GF! I have a recurring dream where, like, you're all covered with, like, Marmite, and I'm chasing you all around with a knife. I think we're, like, in a kindergarten classroom or something. There's a Terminator there, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

It only happened once, but I dreamed that you climbed in my window and rescued me from my daddy. Does that count?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

I don't sleep. But I can lie. I'm very advanced.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I've had some pretty vivid dreams, GF, but I'm not sure I can fit you in.

 

post a comment