"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"I am a Democrat because I believe the Government should take care of its citizens."



I think that really rather neatly sums it up. It's all you need to know about the Democrat "Progressive" mind-set. Moreover, "taking care of you" has the broadest possible meaning and, most important, they're going to "take care of you" whether you want them to or not -- for your own good.

Ace opines
:
I haven't seen this much pale Gothic skin and amateurish lighting since ScyFy ran a 44 hour Dark Shadows marathon hosted by Barnabas Collins' entertainment lawyer.

Gotta give them props, these look like my kind of people. I'd love to sit down with them in a bar whose throwback-ironic jukebox contains an eclectic mix of Sinatra and Zep and even the Butthole Surfers, plunk down my buck for Dollar a Draft PBR, and talk about the latest issue of Dwell with any of these fine, upstanding, privately-educated kids.

I'm pretty sure I see three Art History majors here, five Communications & Media majors, three Poli Sci majors, and a couple of other majors that strongly indicate "Look, I'm gonna work for my dad when I graduate, he doesn't give a shit if I know accounting or not."

I'm sure they mean well. I'm also sure they attended a party commemorating Frasier's last episode.

Labels:

Comments on ""I am a Democrat because I believe the Government should take care of its citizens.""

 

Anonymous Uncle M said ... (2:33 PM) : 

"I'm a Democrat because I believe that every child has a right to a fair and high quality education" provided I don't elect to abort the child first.

 

Blogger Charlene said ... (6:57 PM) : 

I'm a Democrat because I couldn't sleep at night if I were a Republican.

 

Blogger Gentleman Farmer said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Don't worry about that. Unless truly radical action is taken, within 5 years you'll not have a bed to sleep in.

 

'">post a comment