"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."

Elmore Leonard, author of 45 novels (26 of which were made into movies or television shows), has died.  He was 87.  "No one laughs in my books."  There's almost always a gun, and there's always a girl.




Comments on ""If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it.""

 

post a comment