"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Friday, April 29, 2005

We Get Letters

The Farmer’s big, old rural mailbox (glibandsuperficial@hotmail.com) was choked with cards and letters this afternoon, so I thought I’d take time to respond to some.

I’ve been reading your blog now for a week or more, and some of it is really top-notch, very amusing. But I’m confused: Is this a group blog? Are there, like, three or four people writing and posting under the same name? I mean, there’s this weinermobile thing, and then the story about the naked guy, and buffalo-blogging, for goodness sake, and then like, from out of nowhere, there’s Tom DeLay, and a claim that the AP is part of some vast, left-wing conspiracy, and then a link to Little Green Footballs. I mean, really! What’s the deal? (At least there’s nothing about tatoos.)

Confused in Louisville


Dear Confused: If there’s one thing we can agree on, it’s that there’s only one of us writing posts here. It took us a while to reach a consensus, but after all the divergent views were taken into account, the answer seemed obvious to everyone. You might understand better if you do a Google search for “glib and superficial” and see what sort of results you get. It really helped me.

Comments on "We Get Letters"

 

post a comment