"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bert needs your help

Bert Krieger of 6/12 Mallam Crescent in Alice Springs (Australia you ignorant buffoon), placed this personal advertisement in Wednesday's edition of the Alice Springs News, which bills itself as the largest independent newspaper in the Northern Territory (circulation 11,400):
I believe someone in this town is talking very dirty about me. Is there anyone who can let me know in writing, who the person is, and what they are saying about me, so that I am able to defend myself. In advance I would like to say Thank you for your Cooperation.
If you know anything that might ease Bert's mind, drop him a line.


Of course I'm not making it up, click [HERE] for the online front page (there's a rather nice pic of Alice Springs right there at the top), and then [HERE] for the "classified adverts."

One can only lament that such advertisements would appear to be impractical here in Washington.

Comments on "Bert needs your help"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

It was me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Wow! This place is just like "America's Most Wanted!"

 

post a comment