"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Sunday, May 08, 2005

eBay Comes Through

When I say "runaway bride" you know what I mean. [Unless you are so admirable a person that it is very unlikely that you would be reading this in the first place.] I mean Jennifer Wilbanks, about whom stories continue to be written, including this one, moved by the AP mere hours ago.

Do yourself a favor. Go to eBay and search for "Jennifer Wilbanks." No, wait, I've done it for you: CLICK HERE. Be patient. Don't be misled by the T-shirts and bumper stickers (although some of those are slightly clever): There's toast; there's cookies; who knows what will be there when you check.

Breathe it all in, contemplate, and then consider how lucky you are to be an American.

[UPDATE] Welcome Dawn Patrol readers. In the interest of full disclosure, please be aware that I have installed software that permits me to use your monitor to observe you. So you may wish to reconsider that rather unattractive bathrobe.

Comments on "eBay Comes Through"

 

Blogger Dawn Eden Goldstein said ... (2:01 PM) : 

What bathrobe?

 

Blogger Gentleman Farmer said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I cannot vouch for my eyesight, which is failing badly. I will review the digital recordings. I will post appropriate selections, and let my correspondents decide.

 

post a comment