"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Hired Hand

As some of you have noted, the daily dose of new content has declined of the last week or ten days. This has two causes. First, my employer (the Government of the United States) has recently required more work than usual.

[I pause now to provide an opportunity for the usual comments. You're welcome.]

In addition, I have been required to labor ever more hours at the actual Farm which supports my status as a Gentleman.

Therefore: I have done what small farmers have done since a time to which the memory of man runneth not: I have hired an eccentric vagrant, and will seek to have him help me out. I asked for a picture to post, and what you see here is the best he could come up with.

So, as time goes by, when you see the occasional post by the "Hired Hand" keep this picture in mind, and you'll understand.

Comments on "The Hired Hand"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 AM) : 

Could I suggest instead that Hired Hand do some of your work for the Federal Government?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

I can see the family resemblance.

 

post a comment