"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Thursday, October 13, 2005

Silence of the Lambs



(Actually, click HERE for details.)

Heck, I thought it was a pretty bad idea to attempt a musical adaptation of Les Miserables (and boy, was I wrong!), or Phantom of the Opera (and boy, was I right!). So I'll just let you make up your own mind on this one.

Via relapsed catholic. (Where Kathy has titled her post " 'And then it rubs the lotion on itself...' (2-3-4!) "

Comments on "Silence of the Lambs"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

I don't know. Some how it doesn't seem that strange to me. But then I have long accepted that contemporary theater has a very wide bizarre streak. What with Sweeney Todd and all, why should a musical version of Silence of the Lambs seem strange? As far as I am concerned, the weirdest idea for an adaptation is still early Hollywood's silent movie version of La Boheme. Go figure that one. Anyway, with respect to the musical stage, I am still waiting for someone to take up my idea of a musical version of Sophie's Choice, to be called Sophie!. I thought that an adaptation of the Lovin' Spoonful's "Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?" would be a great number for it.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2:14 AM) : 

Whenever I watch "Monk" I think, as soon as Captain Stottlemeyer says his first words of the episode...

"and then it rubs the lotion on itself"

It really ruins the show. That weird voice. I always expect to see moths.

 

Blogger Gentleman Farmer said ... (7:05 AM) : 

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

I have always liked Monk a lot. And -- until now -- it had never occurred to me that Capt. Stottlemeyer & Jame Gumb were one in the same.

Wow, thanks. Sheesh. Next you'll tell me that the youngest daughter on Little House on the Prairie grew up to . . . .

Ah, forget it.

 

post a comment