"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why I Hate the ACLU


In a comment to a post yesterday, I suggested that it might be wise if the United States were to adopt the airline passenger screening techniques used by Israeli security and El Al.

It seems that the Transportation Security Agency got there before me, as did the ACLU. The first is working on a pilot program to do just that, while the latter is "raising questions," and wondering if this could "lead to stereotyping or racial profiling."

I think it might be best first to ask if the program could lead to detaining terrorists.

Here's the story from Newsday. Here's more from Time.

Comments on "Why I Hate the ACLU"

 

post a comment