"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What a Relief!

I suffer from imposter syndrome. Any minute now, the grownups are going to arrive, chuckle at my childish opinions and efforts, and take over. So I've been hesitant to suggest that Barack Obama's candidacy might actually be an enormous joke.

I've looked at his resume, and it's just plain silly. I've listened to him speak, and he can't possibly be serious. He sounds like he's running for president of the Student Government Association, promising progress, progressive action, change, and leadership. All that's missing is the assurance of no classes before 10:00 a.m., and beer vending machines on every other floor.

John Hinderaker apparently agrees: "Barack Obama is his usual self. It's hard to tell sometimes whether he actually thinks he is saying something coherent, or whether he is delivering a parody of a gasbag politician. Time will tell, I guess; at some point, he's going to have to come through with more substance."

Labels: ,

Comments on "What a Relief!"

 

post a comment