"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gun Safety FAQ

Here at Glib & Superficial we try always to be attentive to our mail bag, and provide useful and practical advice and guidance. Suggestions are always welcome, but we confess that our correspondence runs heavily to demands that our editors do things that seem to us anatomically unlikely.

Be that as it may, we share a recent communication.

"Dear Great and Powerful GF:

My parents have told me that I shouldn't talk on my cell phone while I'm driving. Sheesh. They must think I'm stupid! I never do that. Texting is easier. But now my dad says that I shouldn't be handling a loaded gun while I'm on the phone. Do you think he's trying to tell me that I'm some kind of idiot?

(signed) Confused Teenage Boy"

"Dear CTB: YES. GF."

Labels:

Comments on "Gun Safety FAQ"

 

post a comment