"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Coppin' some 'tude? That's a cuffin'

A Colorado television station reports:
ADAMS COUNTY - Children who cop an attitude at school might want to think twice. Eleven-year-old Yajira Quezada, a sixth-grader at Shaw Heights Middle School, was handcuffed and taken to a holding facility for disobeying the orders of an assistant principal during lunch and being "argumentative and extremely rude," 9Wants to Know has learned.

An Adams County Sheriff's Office incident report says the assistant principal found Yajira walking in the hallway during lunch because the girl claimed she was cold and needed to get a sweater from her locker.

The report says the assistant principal was in mid-sentence when Yajira, "turned and walked away saying, 'I don't have time for this.'"

When intervention efforts with a counselor failed, Yajira was handcuffed and put in the school resource officer's patrol car and taken to a juvenile holding facility called "The Link."

"She told me that I need to quit giving her my attitude. Why would they handcuff me? I'm not the type of girl to get arrested," Yajira said.
Sheesh. Things sure have changed since I was in sixth grade. Back then, if every kid with attitude had been cuffed, the Sheriff would have had to bring the big jail transport bus to the school.  So I guess after all the studies and seminars and mountains of Ed.D. degrees handed out in the last 50 years, they've done away with detention, suspension, or calling dad to come pick up his mouthy kid.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Coppin' some 'tude? That's a cuffin'"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I hope this girl has a dad. We can't assume.

 

post a comment