"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Monday, May 16, 2005

Well, maybe she has a jingle . . . .

One of my most faithful correspondents, ShortTimer, sent me an email today that said something like "Hey, how come Dawn Eden has a frickin' JINGLE, and YOU DON'T?"

Well, of course, I didn't believe him. I mean, even Glenn Reynolds doesn't have his own jingle. What blog has a JINGLE?

But she does, of course, HERE.

But ShortTimer remedied the deficiency. Since his talents are strictly non-musical, he has instead provided a limerick:

There once was a gentleman farmer,
Who was neither a tiller nor charmer.
But he's writing a blog
That's dispelling some fog,
'though sometimes he's quite the alarmer.

Comments on "Well, maybe she has a jingle . . . ."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Ouch. I mean, ouch. That's terrible. I go away for 4 days and you're writing limericks about yourself. When the Stanford Yell Leaders went this 'round the bend, the Band would usually yell "asshole, off the mic!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 AM) : 

Gentleman Farmer is NOT writing limericks about himself! Does #1 Son believe that ShortTimer is a figment of Gentleman Farmer's imagination? That is certainly not true. I assure you that I exist and wrote the limerick without any prodding by Gentlemen Farmer. Short Timer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Even so, I mean, a limerick? I think Gentleman Farmer is only familiar with those that involve coastal towns in Massachusetts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Still, when you think of the Gentleman Farmer and some form of "artistic expression" what comes to mind other than a limerick? (Well, maybe a Sousa-type march, but that's beyond my capabilities.) So, cut me some slack, please. Actually, I think that this limerick is relatively tasteful, given the genre. After all, the limerick could have started "The once was a Farmer from Fauquier". That would have gotten ugly in a real hurry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Actually I kind of see Gentleman Farmer's artistic expression best conveyed by the opening hum-scat from Cream's "I Feel Free," the first track off of the epic Fresh Cream . Particularly in light of his somewhat homoerotic Clapton fascination. But maybe that's just me.

 

post a comment