"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Monday, August 29, 2005

Is it only me?

Starting from the premise that I'm an idiot, you be the judge.

Here's the brand new, just announced, 2007 Jaguar:





And here's a 2004 Ford Taurus:



I'm really missing something, right? Right? PLEASE tell me I'm missing something. Something really, REALLY important?

Comments on "Is it only me?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 AM) : 

You are not missing anything. You are just incredibly slow on the uptake. Ford has owned Jaguar since 1989 and their vehicles have been slowly morphing into each other ever since. Compare the large Jaguar sedans with Lincoln sedans. You will find the same convergence as with the vehicles you show. (As an aside, have you noticed how the paint schemes on DC Metrobuses and on DC police cars have become more similar over the years? I wonder where that is going.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

If you decrease the utility of a rather practical Taurus by removing two of its doors, you can begin to charge more for it. Its a basic marketing principle that has long been applied to clothing- less practical=more expensive.

 

post a comment