"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Monday, August 08, 2005

Maybe it's just me . . . . . .

I may be missing something (I usually am) but THIS seems to me simultaneously scary and stupid. Imagine clicking on it in the depths of some 3:00 a.m. sleep-deprived random surf. Think about it. And on a commercial site, I'm not sure that I'd want to go the "artificial cyber-girl pitchwoman" route, regardless of what the guys over in Sales claim. It is my view that much of this crap gets done not in response to any need or benefit, but simply because some character figures out that he can do it. That works out fine for climbing mountains, and landing on the moon. But this is just plain dumb.

Comments on "Maybe it's just me . . . . . ."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

It's just you.

 

post a comment