"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Monday, January 16, 2006

The Cube

I don't think I can solve Rubik's Cube. In its heyday as an obsession, it never really appealed to me. And it goes without saying that none of my offspring could solve it, being color-blind. But there's skill, and then there's . . .
It's impressive that Roger Bannister broke the four minute mile. It's cool that Roger Maris broke the single season home run record at 61. I got goose bumps when Mark McGwire, juiced or not, broke it again in '98, hitting 70. I even got a kick out of Bonds, very probably juiced, hitting 73 a couple of years ago. I like people breaking records. That's why you have records. But a sub-12 second Rubik cube isn't a record. It's sadly a medical condition for which there is no cure.
More from Radio Blogger, a self-confessed nerd and Rubik's obsessor.

Comments on "The Cube"

 

post a comment