"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Wednesday, March 08, 2006

THAT Bruce Bartlett?

The fellow on the left in the picture on the right is the conservative economist, activist and commentator, Bruce Bartlett. He's apparently written a book entitled Impostor : How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy.

Byron York reports that Salon was today promoting Bruce & his book (and showing heretofore unrevealed solicitude for Mr. Reagan):
Join Salon Premium today and receive a free copy of Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy.

In this new expose, conservative economist Bruce Bartlett depicts a White House obsessed with secrecy and terrified of upsetting the boss with bad news.

Fired from a think tank for diverging from the party line, Bartlett writes that "Bush is more like Richard Nixon -- a man who used the right to pursue his agenda, but was never really part of it. In short, he is an impostor..."
I've emphasized the "Fired from a think tank" line above because . . .
. . . well . . .
. . . I don't know quite how to say this . . .
. . . so I'll just come right out with it:

I fired Bruce Bartlett myself, once upon a time.

I don't think we need to go into it too deeply. It was about 1971. Bruce was a Freshman or Sophomore at Rutgers College, and held an important position with a large student organization. I was the head of the organization. I fired him.

I suppose it's possible that this time he didn't deserve it.

It really is a small world, no?

Comments on "THAT Bruce Bartlett?"

 

post a comment