"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grace Slick - Woodstock (1969)

Your proprietor, 18 that Summer, didn't make it to Max Yasgur's farm, but Asbury Park was interesting. I read an interview long ago with Gracie Slick in which she observed that in those days the thing people seemed to find most peculiar about her was that such a nice girl, who looked like she did, used the word "fuck" so much.



It is said she wrote White Rabbit in an hour. By 1969 her face was thinner than it had been. In my head, she looks rather more like this, and has always reminded me a lot, all things considered, of a girl I knew once for a little while:

Labels:

Comments on "Grace Slick - Woodstock (1969)"

 

post a comment