"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Marching Into the Future!

Down in Atlanta the Actor’s Express Theater is shouldering the burden of producing a new musical. As explained by Variety:
Not only can untested musicals be notoriously hard to launch, especially when the writer is an unknown, but pedophilia (not to mention incest to boot) has proven anathema to ticket buyers.
You think?

They’ve apparently also run into complex questions involving promotion of the play as when, for example, "initial poster concepts featuring a man putting candy in a child's hand were jettisoned as being too frank."

Sounds right to me.

I have long contended that my children will live to see a society in which pedophilia is touted as a "life style," and normal revulsion condemned as psychopathic hate. We're quite nearly there now with respect to homosexuality (more quickly than I'd have imagined 20 years ago).

From Variety, via relapsed catholic.

Comments on "Marching Into the Future!"

 

Blogger Yeoman said ... (2:41 PM) : 

"I have long contended that my children will live to see a society in which pedophilia is touted as a "life style," and normal revulsion condemned as psychopathic hate. We're quite nearly there now with respect to homosexuality (more quickly than I'd have imagined 20 years ago)."

I fear you may be right.

To add to that, at this point, I can no longer discern a Constitutionally viable reason for the prohibition against polygamy. Mind you, I'm not for polygamy. And I'm sure my wife wouldn't be either.

But, if it is no longer legal to intrude in any fashion on such relationships, and if it is legal, as it is, for a man to be married and live with twelve girlfriends, what Constitutionally permissable reason is there from preventing him from marrying all twelve?

Slippery slope.

 

Blogger girlfriday said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Pedophilia? No big deal. Broadway already runs "The Goat or Who is Sylvia," which variety always referred to as a play about a barnyard affair.

If we sugar coat the message, it makes it less egregious.

Hey, look, I'm giving out free advice to the show's producers!

 

post a comment