"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm sorry. I really am. But I love this.

". . . the kind of red lipstick that naughty night vixens use to scrawl threatening messages on the mirrors of their more stingy customers."

Comments on "I'm sorry. I really am. But I love this."

 

Blogger Hired Hand said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I would love to see the Farmer featured on GFY wearing his Abbey Road-era George Harrison getup (denim shirt, denim pants, scraggly beard).

I imagine the post would go something like this:

Gentleman Fugmer
I'm sorry, we love the guy, but does he have to wear ALL denim, all the time? Pruning trees and clearing brush, sure, but when you're behind a desk in a stuffy office on the 8th floor of a government building? Come on. Where are the loafers? Where's the sweater vest? We wish he'd pay as much attention to his wardrobe as he did to keeping his hair cropped at precisely one-quarter-of-an-inch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 PM) : 

What is the quotation taken from? I see no link.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

I think he did it on purpose. I think he's ashamed.

 

post a comment