"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

                --Archilochus

Glenn Reynolds:
"Heh."

Barack Obama:
"Impossible to transcend."

Albert A. Gore, Jr.:
"An incontinent brute."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"God damn the Gentleman Farmer."

Friends of GF's Sons:
"Is that really your dad?"

Kickball Girl:
"Keeping 'em alive until 7:45."

Hired Hand:
"I think . . . we forgot the pheasant."




I'm an
Alcoholic Yeti
in the
TTLB Ecosystem



Tuesday, April 01, 2008

In Which Your Two Contributors Have An Infantile Online Discussion Regarding Nothing Important

Gentleman Farmer: Wanna take a walk with me?
Hired Hand: don't be gay.
Gentleman Farmer: That was very insensative. [sic]
Hired Hand: yes. now go.
Gentleman Farmer: I'm offended on behalf of my gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, multigendered, and not gendered compatriots.
Hired Hand: i'm impressed by your inclusiveness, and yet unconvinced.
Gentleman Farmer: I have only recently been enlightened as to the existence of the "non gendered." A colleague thinks it's like nouns, but they're neither masculine nor feminine.
Hired Hand: i'm sure you've extensively studied the difference between sex and gender.
Gentleman Farmer: I've been told that people have sex, while nouns have gender.
Hired Hand: gender being originally a grammatical notion. boy, do people have sex.
Gentleman Farmer: But it's not clear if they enjoy it. The nouns, that is.
Hired Hand: right. i'm a verbgin, myself.
Hired Hand: i practice adjstinence.
Gentleman Farmer: I'm happy for you.
Hired Hand: that's right - i refuse to be objectified. indirectly OR directly.
Gentleman Farmer: You're not making this up on the spot.
Hired Hand: i sure am.
Gentleman Farmer: Then you ought to write it all up and post it to G&S.
Hired Hand: some girl asked me to gerund her, but i wasn't ing the mood.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "In Which Your Two Contributors Have An Infantile Online Discussion Regarding Nothing Important"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 PM) : 

Am I wrong, or were you guys 3,000 miles apart for this conversation? I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. Any way you look at it, I'm raising the creepy flag.

 

post a comment